Monday, June 8, 2015

Banned from Clean Line's Astro Turf

Today we learned that someone started a blatantly faux "support page" on Facebook called "Arkansans for Jobs & Low-Cost Energy". AFJLCE claims to be a group of conservatives who support lower taxes, more jobs and excellent education opportunities for Arkansas future generations...

...and we had some fun. 

I mean really, the whole thing was a gag fest, sorry, I mean advertisement for the same old garbage they've been spewing for months. It kinda kills me that they think Arkies are so stupid that they'll just fall for the "jobs/taxes" flute. Like our eyes just glaze over and we start drooling... "jooooooobs... taaaaaaaaaxes." Please. It's insulting.

Dave got deleted first. Probably because he tagged just about every constitutional officer and elected delegate he could think of. And, ah, RTO Insider.

Scott got banned. Nic got banned... I got banned, too.  But I took screenshots of my posts...




And then... I took some more...




You may recognize this next one because I commented on it... Deleted!!!


Factually inaccurate... $5 million to our schools...







I know, I know... You're all like, "What are these people freaking out about with the taxes thing?!"

Please allow me to explain, to the best of my knowledge. Clean Line can't own their facilities in Arkansas. Our statues won't allow for that, as the PSC ruled way back when. Instead of trying to fix those rules (now even more firmly set against interstate transmission as of the last legislative session, thanks to the ill will Clean Line generated among so many people here), Clean Line decided to try their luck with the feds assuming that the SWPA would own all the facilities in Arkansas. Here's the big, honkin' problem with that plan. The SWPA is a federal agency. Federal agencies in Arkansas are immune from taxation due to both federal and state law. So unless SWPA signs a waiver, or Clean Line pays out of it's own pocket (in spite of my request above, I was not presented with a legally binding document saying that those taxes would be paid), all of those promises to the schools are nothing but hot air.

Pants on fire, indeed.

Now, I could be wrong. Maybe there is a document. Maybe Clean Line has good intentions. Know what would help the general public to determine that? Public hearings on the 1222 review, an extension on the comment period so that these issues can be more carefully explored, and rule making for 1222 in general... Which is why our lawyer filed motions with the Department of Energy for all those things today.

**Update** Oh, look!! I still can't comment, but my posts are back... Magic ;) 
**Update 2** Whoops, gone again! They're here, they're gone. Here. Gone. Here... Gone. Along with the comments of almost every member of the opposition. Nice communication with the little people, my transmission constructing inclined friends. Well done. How about you just slap another couple hundred on promoting that page. That will fix everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment